Beta Reading Service *NEW*
- Get professional reader-level feedback about your book. For more information about why beta-reading is an essential part of the writing process, check out what the experts have to say. They say it better than I do.
- I will read your book within an agreed-upon time frame and create a full reader-level report.
- I can either write a report based on what I read or you can submit a list of questions you want me to answer after reading, or we can do a combo. If you want to have a conversation about the report or my thoughts on the book, we can arrange that as well.
- For examples of what you might find in a report, check out my book reviews on Medium.
- Beta-read reports are more thorough. Chapter-by-chapter feedback available upon request.
- Average rates $1 – $2 per 1,000 words depending upon thoroughness of requested report and deadline provided by author.
- Email me with questions and requests at email@example.com.
Why you want me as your beta reader
Reading is my superpower – so says my husband.
I am a voracious reader. The definition of voracious in this context means that I read 100-150 books per year just for fun. I was the high school kid who’d rather spend the summer reading The Tommyknockers than do whatever kids did in the summer in late 80s.
I read all kinds of books. In my reading goals this year, for example, I’ve intentionally diversified my repertoire to include more of the classics, authors from other countries or books about other cultures, and more nonfiction. I have moleskin notebooks full of notes and thoughts about books.
For a snapshot of what I’m reading, check out my Goodreads profile, but understand that is only a small percentage of what I actually read.
I’m also a writer. As you can see below, I write mostly academically, but I also maintain two publications on Medium.
The first is Scriptorium, a collection of reading, writing, and thinking that includes book reviews and commentary.
The second is called Sisters of Faith, a collection of Christian wisdom that I love to share with my battle sisters in Christ.
I also edit and contribute to Koinonia, a Christian publication that boasts over 200 writers.
To see my full portfolio of articles I’ve written across multiple Medium publications, you can check out my profile HERE.
Writing, editing, and proofreading services for:
- Academic papers
- Articles and blogs
- Resumes and cover letters
- Personal statements
- Letters of recommendation
- Creative writing
- Critique partner
- Checking MLA, APA, or Chicago formatting
- Book reviews
- Reading summaries
- Writing coaching